The objectives of this WP are:
assess the actual and potential role of public and private policies addressing food chains – with reference to economic, social, health, environmental, ethical policy fields, and to translate this assessment into policy recommendations.
In pursuit of this objective the work package will conduct a policy analysis to identify and determine:
- How policies frame and shape local and international or global food chains?
- Which are the relevant policies and why?
- Where and how do the policies operate and what are the key determining factors?
- What are the impacts of these policies on the localisation of food chains?
- What are the impacts of policies upon supply chain performance?
In addition, the work package will produce policy recommendations and a policy implementation road map.